T E A M M E N T O R I N G P R O G R A M
Student research, retention thriving with team mentoring
The Team Mentoring Program (TMP) is designed to maximize the experience of students pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), and Pre-Health disciplines in order to increase their retention, achievement and graduation.
The Student Mentors are committed to share their experience and success in their journey pursuing a STEM degree.
The Faculty Mentors are professors committed to share their knowledge, expertise, and wisdom with student mentors and mentees.
The Mentees are students committed to access and take advantage of the Mentoring resource to connect, network, and enrich their college experience.
The Program has five tracks to help Mentees connect with their college, participate in academic and career building experiences and prepare for the next steps:
- Academic Activities: Study Groups, Workshops, and Fieldtrips
- Research, Careers, and Internships
- Getting the Most Out of Your Major
- Preparing for Professional School, Graduate School, or the Workforce
- Social, Cultural, and Fun Activities
- Workshops – help you connect and succeed
- Tutoring/Study Tables
- Textbook and Research Scholarships